The Best Skrill Casino Sites in NZ
If you’re a gambler from New Zealand looking for the best casinos that take Skrill – then you’ve come to the right place.
In this guide, we will show you everything you need to pick out the top Skrill casino sites. Such as:
- What Skrill is and why customers and online casinos like it.
- Who is behind Skrill, and how they make money.
- The pros and cons of using their service at online casinos.
- How you can deposit online casino with Skrill, in a few simple steps.
- Skrill casino bonus tips, such as how to find the best value and more.
- A general look at what makes a casino worthy of our top list.
We’ve also compiled a FAQ of questions we’re often asked about using Skrill for online casino payments. And we’ve even listed some alternative options, in case you decide this e-wallet isn’t for you.
So read on, to find out all you need to know about playing online casino with Skrill. (You can also check our Skrill casino test reviews, too, for a full look at each casino).
- Skrill: Facts & History
- How to Use Skrill and Make a Deposit to the Casino
- Online Casino Withdrawals Using Skrill
- Skrill Fees and Deposit Times
- How to Choose a Reliable Skrill Casino
- Mobile Casinos that Accept Skrill
- Alternatives to Skrill Payment Methods for Online Casinos
- Skrill Casinos and Online Gambling: Pros and Cons
- Skrill Casino of the Month in New Zealand
- Casino Sites with Skrill FAQ
Skrill: Facts & History
Skrill is a global e-wallet payment system. Based out of the United Kingdom, they provide online money transfers for businesses and individuals all over the world.
It offers fast, convenient and easy-to-set-up online transactions for all kinds of purposes. Founded in 2001, they’ve been used by online casino goers for over two decades now.
They operate in over 120 countries, with 40-plus currencies available as well.
Skrill made over $81 million in revenue in 2021. That’s down from around $300 million in 2014.
This is part of a wider trend. Revenues for many e-wallet providers have been on a decline recently as they face stiff competition from cryptocurrencies.
Although you won’t see Skrill going anywhere soon as they’re still a massive international presence!
Their parent company is the PaySafe Group, which purchased Skrill in 2015. PaySafe group are the founders of PaySafe Card and owners of Skrill’s competitor Neteller.
Today, loads of customers still play casino with Skrill all over the world. It’s popular for its simplicity and security when making transactions.
Fact: since 2020, Skrill has sponsored Premier League football team Leeds United, and Italian Serie A team AC Milan.
How to Use Skrill and Make a Deposit to the Casino
So now you might have decided on an online casino accepting Skrill as your gambling destination.
But when you get there, how will it work?
- You’ll have to make an account with Skrill and connect it to a bank account. This is free and will only take a few minutes, as Skrill is an excellent platform that makes everything super-easy.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll have to sign up to your casino of choice. This won’t take long, either, although you will have to provide some personal information to confirm your identity.
- Before you make your Skrill casino deposit, you’ll want to check out any bonuses or promotions available at your casino of choice. This could be a deposit match, free spins or something else! You can check our reviews for a detailed rundown of the bonuses available at each site.
- Find the deposit page of the casino you’re on and select Skrill as your payment method. A top Skrill online casino will make finding everything for the deposit process super easy. In fact, even a casino that’s not great in other ways usually gets this part right!
- Choose your deposit amount. This can be as little as $1, such as the sites on our best $1 casino deposit NZ list, or it might be $5 or $10. Rarely will a Skrill casino minimum deposit be over $10 and if it is our reviews will point it out!
- Confirm the amount you want to deposit. Then sign into Skrill via a popup. From there, wait just a few seconds for your deposit to appear in your casino balance.
- Bang – your Skrill deposit casino journey is over. From here you can start playing all the casino games you want. Hopefully, from top providers, because you chose one of our recommended sites. Plus, the next time you deposit – the first two steps are already done. Easy!
Skrill is one of my most frequently used online payment methods for casino gamesWilliam Smith (NZCasinoMagic expert)
Online Casino Withdrawals Using Skrill
Casinos with Skrill deposit will all offer Skrill withdrawals too. Naturally!
Either way, for deposits and withdrawals, Skrill is an e-wallet with fast and efficient transaction times. So, if there’s a delay in the process – it’s probably the casino.
A top casino will process your e-wallet transactions, including Skrill, in 24 hours or less. Anything more than 48 hours, isn’t great. And 72 hours or more for withdrawals is on the long end.
They will also make this process simple to find and get going. This makes the top Skrill casinos a good option if you’re looking for same day withdrawal online casinos NZ.
Online casino withdrawals are sometimes not as simple as just clicking withdraw. These are a few things you might need to check first:
- Did you provide identity documents? When playing at real money casino NZ players will sometimes have to provide KYC (or know your customer) verification documents. Occasionally, casinos will ask you to do this before you play, but they usually wait until you withdraw.
- Not all casinos will ask for identity documents, however. Especially cryptocurrency-focused casinos. So, check our reviews if you don’t like the idea of giving out your information. It is totally safe to do so, though, in 99% of cases.
- Fees. Not very many of them, but some sad casinos will charge you for Skrill withdrawals. Therefore, check that out too!
- Lastly, check that you have satisfied any bonus terms. You don’t want to get excited about a withdrawal only to find you’ve got 10x more of the bonus to playthrough!
Skrill Fees and Deposit Times
Casino online Skrill deposits will be basically instant. Once you’ve confirmed your deposit, it should be in your account within a minute – or probably less.
Despite being longer to set up than their cryptocurrency competitors, e-wallets still process online transactions just as quickly.
As for fees, Skrill deposits and withdrawals will be free on the casinos’ end most of the time. The odd casino charges a flat fee for all withdrawals, but we will point these out in our reviews for sure!
Skrill will also send money to your bank account for free, too. However, other methods (such as a bank card, or crypto wallet) will see a small fee of up to 2%.
Withdrawing money from Skrill to your bank is also instant, or a few minutes at most.
How to Choose a Reliable Skrill Casino
This could warrant a whole page as a general topic – here are a few key elements our reviewers look at when assessing an online casino for Skrill suitability.
- Does an online casino accept Skrill? It’s not a good Skrill casino if it doesn’t work with Skrill eh?
- Do they charge fees for using Skrill or other e-wallets?
- Is the maximum withdrawal for Skrill as high as other casinos?
- Are the bonuses available to players who deposited with this method?
Outside of what to consider if you’re using Skrill, the normal rules for judging online casinos apply. Such as:
- Ownership information and reputability. We’ll look at a casino’s owner, their history, and their reputation among global gamblers in the know. That means experience, reliability, and security – in the best cases.
- You want a top Skrill bonus casino experience, too. That means a generous welcome offer and loads of other promotions. You should check the terms yourself ideally, but our expert reviewers have already gone through them with a keen eye – so check our reviews to find the very best bonuses.
- Great Skrill casino games. All the same games should be available to you if you deposited with Skrill. Expect the same collection as you would have as a normal NZ player visiting the site. We look for pokies, live casino games, virtual table games and more, all from known developers.
- If you visit a Skrill casino online, you want it to look great and run smoothly. On mobile as well as desktop. Check our reviews to find expert analysis from writers. Each of whom is well-versed in the latest trends in online casino design and user experience.
One last key thing to look out for in a reliable casino is respected and worldwide-recognised game providers.
For example, a Microgaming casino NZ featuring jackpot games from this globally known developer is always a good sign.
Mobile Casinos that Accept Skrill
If a casino is on our top list, it definitely has a mobile site. This is basically standard for any online casino nowadays. An operator who doesn’t have one isn’t likely to last very long!
A casino’s mobile site should be well adapted for a small screenplay. If we see a site with a poorly adapted, glitch or hard-to-use mobile offering – we’ll definitely point it out to you.
If a casino has Skrill on their main site, they will always offer it on mobile too. There’s no reason for a casino to accept a certain payment method on their desktop but not mobile. So, you’ll never see it!
Alternatives to Skrill Payment Methods for Online Casinos
For all of its positives when used at online casino sites, Skrill is after all just another e-wallet.
And it has quite a few competitors in that space!
That’s also not considering complete alternative methods like bank cards or online bank transfers.
Just a few alternative methods used by Kiwi gamblers online every day include:
- Swiftly bank transfers
- Skrill’s sister company Neteller
- World’s biggest e-wallet PayPal
- Preloaded cards like PaySafe or MasterCard prepaid
These methods all have advantages and disadvantages (check out the section below for our expert take on Skrill’s pros and cons).
For example, bank cards like VISA and MasterCard are super convenient as almost everyone in NZ has one.
But – they are slower than e-wallets, and your bank is linked directly to an online casino. Which not everyone likes!
E-wallets are faster, but they mean setting up a third-party account and linking that to your bank.
See what we mean?
If you want a very similar experience to Skrill, the best alternatives are PayPal or Neteller.
PayPal is the world’s most popular e-wallet and the standard for many online businesses. However, PayPal can be picky with whom they work with – and online casinos often get charged more than other businesses to use PayPal.
Many NZ-facing casinos don’t have PayPal, for this reason.
In that case, Skrill’s biggest competitor is Neteller. Both are owned by PaySafe Group. They really do offer a very similar experience, with Skrill being slightly easier to use in our opinion. But there are not a lot of differences between them.
Skrill Casinos and Online Gambling: Pros and Cons
Skrill is a super fast and simple way to make online gambling transactions from New Zealand.
It is cheap (read usually free) and instant, from Skrill’s end.
However, there are of course some negatives too. In our expert opinion, here are the top pros and cons of using this payment method at online casinos
Skrill transactions are fast. They’re processed within minutes by Skrill, regardless of what time of day or night or where you are in the world.
They’re also very secure, as you don’t have to give your bank information out directly to the company you’re sending money to. In this case, casinos.
They can also be completely free. Which is fantastic. From deposit to withdrawal back to your bank account, all with no charge at all.
No wonder they’re a popular payment platform if they can be completely free of fees.
However, that “can” leads us to our cons…
Skrill isn’t always free! If you want to withdraw to a bank card or crypto wallet it could cost, you up to 2% of the transaction from Skrill. Some casinos will also charge a small amount for withdrawals.
They may not be a lot, but it can add up.
You might also consider that many casinos will expect you to withdraw from the same method you deposited. So, that’s just one thing to be aware of.
Skrill Casino of the Month in New Zealand
Skrill provides a real alternative to the traditional methods of depositing, withdrawing, and managing your online gaming funds. Using Skrill casinos is convenient and secure. Our experts are constantly checking and testing casinos and this month the best Skrill casino is:
Hopefully, this guide will have given you everything you need to make a choice about your casino gaming future with Skrill.
We’ve tried to be balanced, giving you a good rundown of the many positives and a look at the few negatives. We also displayed a practical step-by-step guide of what depositing might look like.
Now you should be armed with all the knowledge you’ll require, to pick your favourite casino (with Skrill of course) from our top list. Easy!